This page was designed to be viewed in Internet Explorer 4.0 or higher
with a resolution of 800x600 or higher.
Installation Guide for Windows
- Computer: IBM or 100% compatible
- Operating System: Windows NT, 2000, or XP.
- CPU: Intel Pentium minimum
- Memory: 64 Mb RAM minimum (512 Mb recommended)
- Hard Disk: 5 Mb free space on drive
- Graphics: 256 color minimum (Truecolor recommended)
- Download rdc34win.exe into a temporary directory
- Run rdc34win.exe and follow the on-screen instructions
Setting Environment Variables:
All environment variables are automatically set by the RenderDotC install
program. If you chose to not let the installer set them for you, the two
important environment variables are RDCROOT and PATH. Set RDCROOT to the
installation directory and add the "bin" subdirectory of RDCROOT to your
PATH variable. For instance, if you accepted the default installation
If you installed in a directory other than c:\rdc, make the appropriate
With Windows XP, go to Control Panel | System | Advanced | Environment Variables
to edit environment variables.
Test the installation:
- Run wrenderdc.exe
- Browse to the examples directory under the installation root directory
- Double-click on morph.rib
- The image should render to the screen.
When you're finished, click on the image and press the 'q' key.
RenderDotC v3.4 for Windows (Pentium)
or Windows (IA-64)
RenderDotC Mailing List:
Join the RenderDotC Mailing List
RenderDotC is: Copyright © 1996-2015 by Dot C Software, Inc. All Rights Reserved.